- Bay Area Drupal Camp 2011 (BAD Camp), October 22-23, 2011
- DrupalCon San Francisco – April 19-21, 2010
- Drupal 7 User Experience Project [ updated - 01/19/10 ]
- Drupal 7 -Released 1/5/11
- Introduction to Drupal: What Kind of Site Do You Want to Build Today?, (pdf 9/10) by Maxey MediaWorks [ updated - 10/26/10 ]
- DrupalSN, a Drupal community for Drupal users, freelancers & companies [ updated - 11/25/10 ]
- Drupal Tutorials and Resources for Beginners, from Artatm [ updated - 11/25/10 ]
- 100+ Drupal Views tutorials and resources, from DrupalLove.com [ updated - 11/25/10 ]
- General concepts – http://drupal.org/node/19828
- Glossary – http://drupal.org/node/122018
- Complete list of terminology – http://drupal.org/node/937
- Nodes - units of content on your site, like a news story, blog post, web page, etc.
- Title - title of the node – such as the title of a news story
- Body - the html content of the node
- Content Type – http://drupal.org/node/21947
- story (news story), page (static web page) – the 2 built in types
- blog post, forum post, contact, poll, survey, job listing, make your own
- Paths - http://drupal.org/node/31644 – http://yoursite/this/is/the/path to the node
- Fields - you can add new fields to your node, like first name, last name, address…
- Comments - you can make any node type allow for comments from visitors/users
- Theme - the visual look and feel of your site
- Region - each page has regions, such as header, footer, left/right sidebar
- Blocks - each region can contain one or more “blocks” of content
- Menu - hierarchical navigation menu for your site, or add more menus
- Users - http://drupal.org/node/120614
- Roles - such as administrator, editor, faculty/student, user, anonymous visitor
- Permissions - allowed to comment? post news to the front page? etc.
- Views - views are ways to display nodes, such as in a table, or reverse chronological order, or an image gallery or slideshow. Like a visual SQL query builder and report tool.
- Taxonomy - keywords, categories, to “tag” your nodes and display related nodes
- Actions, Triggers, Workflow – http://drupal.org/node/924538
- Rules module - http://drupal.org/project/rules – “if..then” rules such as: when a job listing is posted, email the administrator.
Please support this site
If you find Max's Web Designer Links and Resources useful and beneficial to you, please consider helping with its ongoing production by making a donation.
Why donate? Although the information on this website is free and compiled with the hope that it helps you, it takes quite a bit of time and hard work to maintain and update such valuable information.